Data Protection Policy – Credit Reference Agencies/Fraud Prevention Agencies
As a result of the operation of this website and in connection with any services provided we may obtain certain information about you. This Privacy and Data Protection Policy sets out the principles governing our processing policy and use of that information.
By your access to and use of this website, you agree to our processing storing and using that information in accordance with the principles set out in this Privacy and Data Protection Policy.
We limit the collection and use of your information. We only collect such information as is required to deliver the high standards of service, to inform you about the products and services we offer, and to administer our business.
We will take all reasonable steps to safeguard the security and confidentiality of any information you provide to us. We cannot, however, guarantee the security of any information you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of providing information over the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security or disclosure of information unless we have been proved to be negligent.
We will not reveal any of your information to any external organisation unless we have previously informed you that this will happen through disclosures or agreement, and we have your authority to do so. We can also disclose your information to authorised parties if we are required to by law. You agree that we may disclose any information requested or required relating to you, or if relevant, any of your clients to any regulatory authority to which we are subject or to any person in power to require such information by or under any legal enactment or where a third party has provided to our reasonable satisfaction written confirmation that it genuinely and reasonably believes your use of the site has been defamatory or otherwise unlawful and further that the disclosure of your data is necessary a) for the purpose of, or in connection with, any legal proceedings (including prospective legal proceedings), or b) for the purpose of obtaining legal advice, or is otherwise necessary for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal rights.
We will always maintain control over the confidentiality of your information. If you have consented, by registering on the website, we may periodically send you information relating to our products and services. If at any point you want to change your preferences or need to review and update your personal details you should write to us.
You have a right of access under the Data Protection Act to information we hold about you on our records.
We will hold information collected by us or a third party on computer and in other forms. This information may be used for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy and Data Protection Policy and may also be passed to other third parties to;
- Enable the provisions of services you have requested.
- Provide statistical information to third parties and business partners.
- Improve current services and offer new services.
Bridging Finance Solutions Group Limited reserves the right to monitor and intercept communications for lawful business purposes.
Systems personnel who operate and support electronic communication facilities need, from time to time, to monitor transmissions or observe transactional information to ensure proper functioning of the company’s facilities and services. On these and other occasions, such personnel might inadvertently become aware of the contents of electronic communications. Except as provided for under Lawful Business Practice Regulations, personnel are not permitted to intentionally examine the contents of transactional information or disclose or otherwise use what they have seen, heard or read. If, however, violations of law or Company policy are discovered, personnel are required to report these to the appropriate officer.
To assist your navigation of this website and our prevention of fraud we may send ‘cookies’ from this web site to your computer. We do not obtain personal data from your computer or gather personal information about you unless you personally give information to our server.
Fair processing notice
We are Bridging Finance Solutions Group Ltd and we can be contacted via the details on this page. Our data protection officer can also be contacted as per the details given below.
Before we provide services, goods or financing to you, we undertake checks for the purposes of preventing fraud and money laundering, and to verify your identity. These checks require us to process personal data about you.
What and how we process and share your information
The personal data you have provided, we have collected from you, or we have received from third parties may include your;
- date of birth
- residential address and address history
- contact details such as email address and telephone numbers
- financial information
- employment details
- identifiers assigned to your computer or other internet connected device including your internet Protocol (IP) address
We may use your information to:
- assess and process applications, provide you with products and services and manage our relationship with you.
- understand our customers preferences, expectations and financial history in order to improve the products and services we offer them.
- carry out financial and risk assessments and for risk reporting and risk management.
- development, test, monitor and review the performance of products, services, and internal systems.
- assess the quality of our service to customers and to provide staff training.
- recover debt.
- confirm your identity.
- comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
- identify our customers use of third party products and services in order to facilitate the uses of customers information detailed above.
- offer marketing products and services which we believe may be of interest to you.
We will keep your information for as long as it’s required by us (even if you close your account) in order to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, or for other operational reasons such as dealing with any queries relating to your account.
When we and fraud prevention agencies process your personal data, we do so on the basis that we have a legitimate interest in preventing fraud and money laundering, and to verify identity, in order to protect our business and to comply with laws that apply to us. Such processing is also a contractual requirement of the services or financing you have requested.
We, and fraud prevention agencies, may enable law enforcement agencies to access and use your personal data to detect, investigate and prevent crime. Fraud prevention agencies can hold your personal data for different periods of time, and if you are considered to pose a fraud or money laundering risk, your data can be held for up to six years.
You can obtain the details of the Fraud Prevention Agencies we use by contacting us as detailed above.
Basis for processing
We can only process your information when we have a lawful basis to do so. Our lawful basis for processing your information is:
- Where you apply for and/or enter a contract with us it is for the purpose of that contract;
- Where you provide information relating to a contract your business will enter it is because we have a legitimate interest in processing the information, otherwise we could not enter the agreement;
- For consumers if we provide you with marketing information this is because you have consented to this or because we have a legitimate interest where it is for a service/product you have taken from us. In any case you can always opt out of marketing by notifying us;
- For business customers we may have consent to use your information for marketing and we will have a legitimate interest in marketing products and services to you. In any case you can always opt out of marketing by notifying us.
Consequences of processing
If we, or a fraud prevention agency, determine that you pose a fraud or money laundering risk, we may refuse to provide the services and financing you have requested, or to employ you, or we may stop providing existing services to you. A record of any fraud or money laundering risk will be retained by the fraud prevention agencies, and may result in others refusing to provide services, financing or employment to you. If you have any questions about this, please contact us on the details above.
Sharing information with third parties
We won’t share information with anyone outside of our Group of Companies except;
- to third parties providing services to us, such as market analysis and benchmarking and agents and sub-contractors acting on our behalf.
- where required for a sale, reorganisation, transfer or other transaction relating to our business.
- In anonymised form as part of statistics or other aggregated dated shared with third parties.
We’ll only share your information with third parties on a limited basis following due diligence and in accordance with our internal procedures.
Fraud prevention agencies may allow the transfer of your personal data outside of the UK. This may be to a country where the UK Government has decided that your data will be protected to UK standards, but if the transfer is to another type of country, then the fraud prevention agencies will ensure your data continues to be protected by ensuring appropriate safeguards are in place.
We’re committed to ensuring that your information is secure with us and with the third parties who
act on our behalf. For further information please contact us at www.bridgingfinance-solutions.co.uk,
telephone 0151 639 7554 or visit us at The Cottages, 86-88 Wallasey Road, Wallasey, CH44 2AE.
Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your rights to;
- object to our processing of your personal data;
- request that your personal data is erased or corrected;
- request access to your personal data.
For more information or to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us using our contact
If you have permitted us to do so, then we’ll send you relevant marketing information (including details of other products or services which we believe may be of interest to you), by mail, telephone, email, text and other forms of electronic communication.
If you change your mind about how you would like us to contact you or you no longer wish to receive this information, you can tell us at any time by contacting us at www.bridgingfinance-solutions.co.uk, telephone 0151 639 7554 or visit us at The Cottages, 86-88 Wallasey Road, Wallasey, CH44 2AE.
If you are unhappy about how your personal data has been used please refer to our complaints policy on our website http://www.bridgingfinance-solutions.co.uk. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under registration No. ZA097200.You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk which regulates the processing of personal data.